Birthday Fun in London

For the next few blogs that I am planning on writing I will be going back in time and sharing trips that we took that I have not blogged about yet. {I promise I want to be better at doing this}

November 6, 2012

This trip that I am going to share about was a sneaky one! ;) Aaron's birthday was coming up and I really wanted to do something special for him seeing that he always seems to know the right gifts to give me and well in my opinion he is just darn hard to shop for. {he would disagree haha} But seriously it's hard to shop for a man that tends to have everything. I had this idea of going to a concert, I thought it would be a great idea since my very first concert was with Aaron back in 05' when we saw Rise Against, I remember that day like yesterday singing.... "Swing Life Away"

Am I loud and clear, or am I breaking up?
Am I still your charm, or am I just bad luck?
Are we getting closer, or are we just getting more lost?
I'll show you mine if you show me yours first let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words
We live on front porches and swing life away,We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor I'll slave till the end, I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand
I've been here so long, I think that it's time to move
The winter's so cold, summer's over too soon
Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow
I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of the places that we will go

Well that was a little off subject but back to the story! I knew I wanted to take Aaron to a show but where and who? Well at that time we were listening to a lot of Coheed and Cambria and one day Aaron and I were talking about all the concerts we have been to and who we would still like to see one day and he had mentioned that he really wanted to see Coheed! DING the light bulb went off in my head and I thought okay I'm going to look up their tour dates but in the back of my head I was thinking who even knows if they will be touring in Europe. I was a work that day and went to their website to look at tour dates and sure enough they were touring in Europe! I about flipped out and told Amanda I have to do this for Aaron it's just too perfect! Then the idea of surprising him and not even telling him where we were going but just to plan on taking off work. They were touring in the UK and were making a stop in London, I thought why not! London is one of our favorite cities and Aaron just loves the UK! So I booked the concert tickets, booked our flights, and our hotel room. I always love surprising friends and Aaron if I can, I seriously get pure joy out of it! 

Aaron is always good at not ruining surprises when I'm the opposite and always asking questions and details, he just let me do this planning and let me surprise him! I wasn't sure how I was going to all do it, I knew that I couldn't keep it a secret the whole trip only because we were getting to London a day early before the concert. So once we got to the airport, mind you Aaron still didn't know. We looked at the departure board and I said okay where do you think we are going? Pisa is a really small airport and there were not a lot of departures on the board. He kind of laughed and said London...? I told him yes and that we need to check in! Once we got to our gate I just couldn't hold the surprise in anymore so I told him I am going to let him know. I kick myself in the butt because I wish I would have recorded it but I didn't so I'm just reliving it through my memory. We were sitting down and I gave him the folded up concert tickets and said here open this! He opened it and had the biggest smile on his face and said we are going to Coheed and Cambria?!?! Yes hunners :) 

That trip was a nice get away, very relaxed and just what we needed! We went to Camden Towne where we first stayed our first time in London back in 2010 visiting the Worthen family. Which is a fun artsy town where they have some cool markets to check out! Aaron introduced me to Nando's for the first time...yum my favorite! We also checked out the Westfield mall and got to watch a movie! I loved it! We miss those kinds of dates. 

Here are a few pictures of our time in London and of the Coheed and Cambria concert! By the way they put on an AMAZING show, it was such a good night for us and I will never forget it!


                                                              Aaron & I on the train to London

My first experience eating Nando's

                                                                             Camden Towne



                                                          He's such a good "in the moment model" ;)







Of course we had to stop at a Starbucks



                                                                          KOKO Venue








I wanted to add a video clip of our favorite song that they played but for some reason it's not uploading for me, so I'll try again later! I also forgot to add some pictures of the band which I will do when I get back home today! (at work right now)


No comments