Weekend Trip to Columbus

Happy Tuesday, friends! I started an Instagram post late last night and then realized that I had a lot to talk about, so I thought I would blog about it! I'm trying to be more intentional when it comes to blogging, because obviously I want those raw organic memories written out so over the years I can enjoy and look back on it. Plus if I have any friends/family that want to see what we're up to, this is a great source!

Saturday morning Aaron  + I headed down to Columbus to spend the weekend with Rose + Bronson. (Aaron's brother and his wife) I have not been down to Columbus in almost a year I do believe, which would have been for their wedding in July of last year. So it was way over due that we both took a trip down. Once we got down there we headed to the Clintonville Farmers' Market, checking out all the vendors and exploring. I had the yummiest avocado toast from the cutest food truck I've ever seen, The Little Kitchen which focuses on using in season fruits and veggies while also supporting local farmers and artisans. I ended up choosing the 'Love Avocado Toast' and it was so good!

https://www.facebook.com/clintonvillefarmersmarket/

https://www.thelittlekitchentruck.com/


After the market we headed to Seventh Son Brewing Co. This brewery was seriously so cool! With the garage doors opening right when we got there. With so many outdoor seating,  I even loved that they're a dog friendly brewery and had water bowls for your furry friends. We got a bite to eat at the food truck Street Thyme, I tried Peach Blossom which is a fruited Saison. It was so refreshing! We then headed to the second floor where it all happened and I got so excited seeing all of the plants that they had on display. I was on cloud 9, what more could you ask for?! Good craft brews and all the green plants! We got to hang out with Rose + Bronson's friends, Megan + John, which they were so much fun!



Later that night we had dinner at Harvest Bar + Kitchen, which seriously has the best pizza! It's so fitting because when I went on their website and checked out the 'About' section, they had to say "to serve the best possible pizza in a genuinely hospitable environment." which I felt like they nailed that. Also, their motto is "Local Taste Better," couldn't agree more! I ended up getting the mushroom pizza and it was so yummy! After dinner we took a Uber and headed to Jeni's Ice Cream which is one of my top favorite ice creams. Sometimes I stick with what I know I like and sometime I adventure and try something new but I got my favorite, Wildberry Lavender. That evening we headed back to the house and spent the evening hanging out on the back patio, which is my dream to one day have one of our own.



Sunday morning we got up decently early and went and had breakfast at Northstar Cafe . I ended up ordering a Big Burrito which had eggs, organic black beans, roast sweet potatoes, sauteed peppers and onions, melted white cheddar and their own salsa. So good and filling. I also tried the Shooting Star which Rose recommended, it's a juice with orange, organic carrot, lemon, and ginger. I really want to make this at home, maybe I need to invest in a juicer in the near future. Also, Bronson makes his own cold brew coffees at home and that's something else I would like to try!




It was seriously such a great weekend spending time with Aaron and our family and trying new places that we've never been to. I definitely can't wait to go back down again, Columbus is such a cool city!

Until next time!

Angela xo



No comments