Tribute

It's the day after one of the worse days of my life, it's 3 am and I'm awaken from this bad dream, oh but wait its reality. All I can think of is re playing that day over and over in my head from how it started to how it ended. Even though I can't believe you’re gone, I knew this day would have to come. All I can say is how blessed I was to spend 31 beautiful years as being your granddaughter. I was the first granddaughter in the Miller family, my uncles thought what is this girl going to do with all these guys in the family.  (Seeing that grandma had 5 boys) I like to think I was that daughter she never got to have and I was given to this family by God.

 I have so many fond memories of my grandma growing up, how she helped my dad and us kids when we all lost our mother. She was that mother figure to me that I always looked up to. Grandma was always known to make us grand kids whatever we wanted to eat when we were over at her house, I would want french toast and my brother Joel would want pancakes....she never would say no. As I got older and graduated from high school and eventually moved out of my parents’ house, I was working two jobs to pay for my rent. I got the privilege to work with my grandma at what we called "the restaurant" - Millers Dutch Kitchen where grandma worked there for 43 years. I thought it was so cool to work with her and she would always help me when I needed it! Especially when I had a customer that wanted a milkshake… I hated making milkshakes, but grandma would always make them for me. My wedding day then came and how she looked at me that day, I just knew how proud she was of me! When life was hard and didn't make sense at times I would call grandma for advice and some words of encouragement.

My last real memory of grandma was for her surprise 80th birthday that we somehow pulled off a couple months ago, and she was actually surprised! I don't know what it was about that certain day that I just had a feeling that I might not get another day like this again. It was her birthday and I wanted to pamper her and make her feel beautiful so once everything calmed down a bit I told her I was going to do her nails! Looking back now I am so happy that I got to do that for her, you see as child grandma always took care of me, she would french braid my hair all the time when I would come over and she would let me "do her hair" and I always loved looking into grandmas makeup and jewelry as a little girl. So at her birthday party I wanted to be the one to give that special moment of pampering as she use to do for me!

Life won't quite be the same without you grandma, family get-togethers will feel off because you're not here with us. But one thing I do know is that I am rejoicing that you are in heaven and that you have NO MORE pain and that YOU are with your Heavenly Father and that I can rest easy in.

I love you so much grandma

Love Always,

Angela


No comments