A day of exploring Livorno

I thought it was about that time for a new blog! I am so happy that yesterday we got the chance to check out the city that we are living in!We got a chance to get to know our neighbors that live right across from us. The husband James is in the Army. And his wife Danielle has been very helpful to me with all my million questions! ha So they took us on a tour of the city!  Livorno is such a neat city so much history and so much fun things to do and see. Well the day started off at 830 in the morning we walked to the board walk to check out the beach! It was so beautiful...i absolutely love hearing the ocean...so relaxing! We stopped at this food shop and i got to try some gelato which is you know me i love ice cream! But gelato is so much better than ice cream! I got to try dark chocolate irish creme...yum! We then walked to the market where they sell everything you can think of! Fresh fruit, veggies, every kind of meat from fish to rabbit, bread and pastries. Danielle and i went into some of closing shops i found a couple tops for myself and found this cute wine bottle cork that has a fish on the top of it...i will have to post a picture of it! The guys got tired of shopping so us girls kept walking we found this cute Italian restaurant where we had lunch at it was once again amazing food and the wine was so good! On our way back home we walked past a tanning salon, so atleast i know they actually have tanning beds here in Italy! lol I may have to check that out im getting a bit pasty. That evening we went with James and Danielle on base the guys were playing poker and us girls hung out at the bar and chatted! Then that evening we went over to their house and grilled out for dinner! It was so nice to hang out with another married couple, it was just what we needed! So today we have just been hanging out...relaxing. My legs and feet hurt so bad from all that walking i did..we were out for 8 hours. I def got a work out that day! Well here are few pics that i got yesterday i wish i could have taken more but my camera died. :(




No comments