A couple years later...

By the title I'm sure you can tell that it has been a couple years since I last blogged and for a moment I almost forgot that I had this blog. I was on blogger earlier this morning and was looking at beauty blogs. I then had to sign in with my information to follow these blogs and once I entered my email and password BANG my old blog popped up. Like I said I forgot all about it but yet it was a blessing in disguise. I have been having tons of thoughts lately and don't know quite how to tell some one verbally how I am feeling. So my blog is a perfect spot where I can express how I am feeling with no judgement or pity.

I'm going to get a little off subject right now and try to fill in on what Aaron and I have been doing the last couple years since I last blogged. I think I left off with my last blog stating that I had just got a job for the Boy Scouts. I enjoy my postion that I have with BSA it's a nice part time job that get's me out of the house and make a little bit of money. I enjoy my lay back boss which is nice because I have never worked for anyone like this so of course it took me a little bit to get use to, my last job I was always on pins and needles and this job is different. Sometimes it can be good that he is so chilled but then yet it does have it's down falls. I won't get into that but take my word. I have enjoyed all my co workers that I have worked with in the last couple years and that really does make a difference when you enjoy that. Okay enough talk about work and let's move on to something more fun! 


Aaron and I have gotten the chance to make some awesome friendship's out here, but have had to go through so many PCS with our friends out here which is hard and I was not use to that at our last base. My one really good friend Stephanie left a month ago to be stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. I know my group of friends don't talk about it much but it does feel weird not having her and Henry around. I know this is the military life people and friends will come and go. But yet I always tell myself if their good ones they will always remain close and stay in touch. One day Stephanie and I will see each other again and I am really looking forward to that day! Who know's it's a small world we could end up stationed with each other again! My other really close friend here at Darby is Amanda, as much as we are so different we are yet so alike and I have always felt that closeness to her. That I can tell here anything with no judgement or the fear that she will spill the beans to someone else and to me I treasure that. I feel like it's so hard now days to find a genuine person that has your best interest and when I find a friend like that treasure it.

These two girl's and I along with our hubby's have some many fun trips together with so many memories. I remember how it all started like it was yesterday. It was summer 2011 and we all went to Elba Island with a group of friends. That trip really brought us all together and after that it was history we were always hanging out with each other and going on trips....I loved it! 

I feel like I haven't seen a whole lot since I've been here so I am going to list everywhere I have been (which I have never done) Okay so I have been to Italy, (duh) Belgium, Germany, England, France, Ireland, Poland, and this May we are heading to Budapest, Prague, Vienna, and Krakow. I am so excited to finally see Switzerland and the Alps I think that one I am most looking forward to! 

Since I covered over a little bit of what we have been doing over the last couple years I think I will share what is been going on with me lately. 

Over this past weekend I got really emotional, I was by myself and I was just thinking how much I want a child and thinking about the things I am missing. If one might be reading this right now you might think are you "crazy who feels that way?" well at that moment I did and to be honest I have never so clearly thought "oh I'm READY I want to have a child" but in that moment I did it made me tear up and as I am typing right now the tears are flowing. I'm not sure what it is maybe it's that time in my life where I feel like we are both ready. We have lived the married life for six years, we have gotten to see the world and everything it has to offer. I just feel like there is something missing with my small family and I know what is it. I hate to say this or even make it the topic of how I am feeling, but it is true a lot of my friends are pregnant or have a child. I see that love and joy that they have and I know that is missing. Aaron and I have always talked about waiting till we leave Italy to try for a baby but thinking about it more and more it seems like it's so right 'right now'. I know whenever it does happen God will have surely blessed my heart and at this moment in life I am really looking forward to that. 

That topic has been heavy on my heart for awhile so it sure is nice to write down my feelings and thoughts. Maybe I will have to use this blog more often. I do have some other ideas that I would like to start blogging about. I know I'm not the best writer or story teller but this makes me feel so open with how I am feeling and I find it refreshing! 

Like I had mentioned I have not been on my blog for very long time and not sure if some of my 'friend bloggers' still are but if you read this I hope you have enjoyed it and that you never take life and those small moments for granit as cliche as that may sound. Life is short too short and you never know when things will change.

goodnight from Italia.


I thought I would posted a "updated" picture of Aaron and I
The tube station in London for Aaron's Birthday get away that I surprised him with.

2012


No comments