A fun night with our friends aka our military family

I want to try to be more consist with blogging and thought today would be a great day to share about last night.

My dear friend Anastasia and her husband Jeff just brought into this world a baby girl about a week or so ago. Her name is Gracelyn Faye Kolb and I finally got the chance to meet her last night while our friends hosted the first BBQ of the year. I don't even know how to describe it but I felt so happy in that moment holding that buddle of joy and looking into her eyes and soaking in everything about her. She is such a gorgeous baby and to top it off such a calm relaxed baby. For some odd reason it even makes me emotional writing this and I can't pin point why. Let's just say I enjoyed holding her a lot last night and so did everyone else! Ben got some practice in seeing that he will be a daddy at the end of October and Aaron got a chance to hold her too. I told him I don't think I have ever seen you hold a newborn baby before. He looked like a natural and that even made me feel all fuzzy inside.

We had a great night with all of our friends and had some amazing BBQ food - steak, potatoes, beans, bacon wrapped asparagus, pasta salad, homemade mac n cheese. AMAZING!

I will close this entry today with a couple of pictures of Aaron and I holding baby Gracelyn. (not great picture quality, they were taken on the iphone.)



No comments