The weekend recap...."It's a Monday"


It’s Monday and thought I would do a little update on what happened over the weekend for us! I blogged about Friday night having a BBQ at the Kolb’s house which was a ton of fun! On Saturday Aaron and I went out to dinner with Rhyannon Sawin-Vaughn. Rhyannon and I were both on the ‘girls trip’ to Aviano a week or so ago and come to find out we both live in Livorno! We decided that we should go out to eat with each other every weekend and take turns having dinner in different parts of Livorno! I thought that was a pretty good idea seeing that I have not tried a lot of different places in my city.

We ended up eating at this small hole in the wall restaurant on my side of town called La Botteghina in English meaning “the little shop”. It was a good thing that Rhyannon had taken some Italian classes because it sure did come in hand. The restaurant was really small but very homey and quant, we really loved it! For dinner that night I had antipasti (appetizer) with cold cut meats, olives, and pate. For the main course I had ragu spaghetti, I know not that adventurous but it was very tasty! We had great conversations and some great wine! After dinner we walked back to our apartment seeing that it was only a five min walk! It was truly a great night, Aaron and I got to do some cuddling and ended the night watching a movie!

Saturday night I have been looking forward to for a while now! Chelsea was finally back home from being gone in the states for nine months. We all got together at our normal eating spot La Tavolaccia. Everyone was there except for a few, Ben and Amanda was in Scotland and sadly Henry and Stephanie had already left Italy and are stationed at Nellis AFB in Vegas. When Chelsea got there we were all so excited to see her and to catch up on everything, Lane is one of the sweetest, cutest, happiest baby I have ever met. For the night he was all smiles and I even got to see Aaron hold him for a bit, should have taken a picture! We all had delicious food as always and some great conversations and catching up!

Sunday, Aaron and I didn’t really do anything at all except just stay home and relax. It was nice and much needed!

Now it’s Monday and my work day is almost over…woohoo! I am getting my hair trim and eye brow’s waxed tonight. I can’t wait it’s been WAY too long! Plus I get to see baby Penelope tonight hopefully…can’t wait!

No comments