Back Packing Trip 2013

It's been a bit since I last blogged and I've been wanting to since I got back from my trip.

Sadly last minute Aaron wasn't able to make the trip since he hurt his shoulder a few days before we were suppose to leave. He ended up going to the clinic and was told that he will need a MRI and that he would not be able to come on the trip. Of course I was so sad and cried my eyes out once I found out. But since we had thing paid for I ended up going on the 9 day trip even though I felt so bad leaving Aaron behind, but I knew he wanted me to have a good time and I know he felt so bad.

So myself and the Smolinkis left Friday May 24th very early in the morning for the Pisa airport. Of course Ben was slightly freaking out about getting there in time and making the flight. He's such a worry wart...c'mon Ben this is Italy you should know better! About an hour and half later we were in Budapest Hungary. We got picked up from the airport from the man we were renting an apartment from. He was really nice and gave us tons of information and actually spoke really great english! I think he really liked Amanda. Our apartment was really small but for the couple days we were there it was okay, the only thing us girls had a issue with was the internet. The weather for Budapest was really nice for us, we got to see a lot and did a ton of walking. We saw some of the popular bridges and a church cave and also go to see the thermal spas.











May 26th Sunday we took a train from Budapest to Vienna Austria which was a four hour train ride, which did not feel too long plus the train was pretty nice and clean. Our apartment in Vienna was better than our Budapest one but yet still on the small side. We had two days in Vienna and also saw a lot and did tons of walking. Vienna was really expensive seeing that they used the euro and with it being a  touristy city of course things are going to be high. The weather was pretty cold and rainy and windy. To me it was okay but Amanda wasn't having it so I don't think she liked Vienna all that much. lol










May 28th Tuesday we took a train from Vienna to Prague Czech Republic which was a five hour train ride. We ended up having a room to ourselves on the train until the last hour an older lady came in to sit so in the end it wasn't all that bad. The country side on the way to Prague was so beautiful, I didn't get much sleep on that ride. Our apartment in Prague was amazing and it was a lot bigger than our last ones. We ended up staying in Prague for three days, once again we did tons of walking and saw most of all the sights. We checked out the Old Town and the New Town along with the Jewish Quarters. I would say Prague was my favorite city out of the trip and pretty much the best place I have been to thus far. The weather was a little crappy and it did rain a little but was not nearly as bad as Vienna. On our last day we ended up going to see a movie, which was so nice to actually go to a very nice movie theatre. We ended up seeing a Tom Cruise Sci Fi movie that Amanda and Ben wanted to see. Not my cup of tea but I just happy to see a movie in a actual theatre!















On May 30th we took an night train to Krakow Poland which was a total of eight hours on the train. Well that was a experience and one that I will not do again for sure, the train was so old and dirty. The room was so small for the three of us and would have been crazy if it would have been four of us in there. The bunk was so uncomfortable and the train was so loud and shaky, good thing Amanda brought some ear plugs for us. Once we got to Krakow we found out that we could not check into our apartment yet because there was people still in our room. So we were kind of bummed about that because all we wanted to do is shower and nap for a bit. In the end we had to wait till 2pm when we arrived around 730am. Felt like it took forever but in the mean time we had a really good english breakfast and towards the end found this bar right across where we were staying at and I love it! I actually got a little buzzed before we got back to our room but it was all good because we all took a little nap and then got ready for dinner. We only spent one night in Krakow and had a evening flight back to Pisa the next day. Krakow was beautiful but I didn't get the chance to explore very much of it, I think we were so tired from all our traveling we just ended up staying around the city center area. I would love to bring Aaron to Krakow one day because I think he would really like it.











By the time I got back home I was so excited to be home with Aaron and to finally sleep in my own bed! I missed him so much so it was so nice to be back in his arms and catch up with him. I'm very glad that I got to do this trip with the Smolinskis seeing that it was my last big one with them before they leave for Alaska. I am truly going to miss the both of them, Amanda and I have been really close and I hope we will be long life friends! Ben is an all around nice guy that for the most part gets along with everyone and is one the greatest bullshitter I know! lol


No comments